Your latest update on trade cases from around the world in August 2018
United States Investigations
- Cold-rolled and coated flat steel from Vietnam made from a South Korean or Taiwanese substrate. Start of duty-circumvention probes.
- Common alloy aluminum sheet from China due to ministerial error. Preliminary anti-dumping duty margins adjusted downward.
- Steel products from Turkey. Due to Section 232, steel from Turkey has a 50% duty.
- Steel products from China, Costa Rica, Egypt, India, Malaysia, Russia, South Africa, Thailand, and Vietnam. Due to Section 232, these countries could see an increase in tariffs from the US.
- Stainless steel bar from India. The United States extends anti-dumping duties.
- Cold-rolled stainless steel from China and South Korea. Expiry review to start on existing anti-dumping duties
Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC)
- Hot-rolled, cold-rolled, and coated flat steel from all regions. EEC is implementing a safeguard investigation on all flat steel imports.
- Rebar and wire rod from all regions. Morocco is starting an investigation to inquire whether or not to extend an import duty on rebar and wire rod shipments.